(Click pic for link.)
On the professional front, we will be holding a WRADical contest! What is WRAD? World Read Aloud Advocate....and that is ME! Children should be read to each and every day--NO MATTER WHAT! Reading is life and it must be a priority worldwide!
Here is what this totally WRAD teacher has planned:
*How many books in the library contest? Oh yeah! Kids may take a guess for the low, low cost of 4/$1.00! All money raised will be donated to LitWorld!
*Read Aloud Buddies! Book buddies in our school will join together and read, read, read! Each cross grade level group will receive a very special World Read Day bookmark and a few bookworms...I mean..gummy worms to enjoy while they read!
(click pic for Pinterest link.)
*Celebrity Guests! We will be having 3-count them 3 authors visiting the school between March 2 and March 7!
I know what you are thinking! WHAT CAN YOU DO? Does it cost money? DOES IT TAKE UP A LOT OF TIME? Here are a few ideas. Choose one or all!
1. Visit Litworld.org and take the pledge to celebrate reading aloud!
2. Read to a class, senior citizen, neighbor, etc!
3. Send a book to your child's class with a special note thanking your child's teacher for reading aloud!
4. Make a $5 donation to help spread the book love!
5. Pass this along! Tell your friends!
How will you celebrate? Do you have an idea to share? I would love it if you do!